UMANA Foundation Donations
Member BenefitsAnyone who shares our goals can apply for membership.
UMANA is headquartered in Chicago and has chapters throughout the United States and Canada. It was incorporated in 1950, but is currently experiencing a period of resurgent growth in membership and activities as a result of the breakdown of the Soviet empire in 1991 which resulted in the establishment of a free, independent Ukraine.
- Outstanding bimonthly Newsletter: informing you of health oriented events and member activities
- Unique Medical Journal: the only continually published medical Journal in the Ukrainian language in the world
- An extensive Directory: listing individuals around the world who are interested in promoting health care of Ukrainians
- Discounts on CME Credit-awarding Scientific Conferences, books, and journals
- Get to know and network with health care professionals and others who share similar goals and interests
- Knowing you support the oldest and largest medical association in the diaspora, working to promote the cause of improved health of Ukrainians world-wide
The Ukrainian Medical Association of North America (UMANA), founded in 1950, is a voluntary non-profit association of professionals licensed to practice in their areas of health care in the United States and Canada.
Under the leadership of Roman Osinchuk, MD, post World War II Ukrainian immigrant physicians united in an association of physicians and dentists, sharing the immigrant experience, expanding their educational possibilities, and interacting with colleagues in an exchange of medical knowledge and practice.
Gifts to UMANA Foundation are tax-deductible. Donations support the spread of medical knowledge via print and electronic publications, medical journals, scholarships and projects supporting such initiatives.